Episode #6: On Doing What’s Best For You – with BurkeDoes
About my guest: Emilie is the brains behind Burke Does, inspiring millennial women to live financially, physically, and professionally fit lives. She writes about overcoming debt while balancing trying to eat healthy, stay fit, and have a little fun along the way.
Description: Emilie – BurkeDoes.com and Jacob – FinancialGinger.com talk about the overlapping areas of our lives, the power of self-improvement, and focusing on our person goals and values to create power in acting to take control of our lives both in a financial sense, and an achieve your dreams sense.
Thanks Emilie for being on the show! It was wonderful to have you!
- Finance isn’t just Finance, it influences every part of our life.
- The Crossfit Open – the practicality of overlapping fitness, finance, and work life.
- Life Doesn’t Fit Into Different Silos, It Blends Together
- The Power of Reading in Self-Development
- Overlapping Our Effort – Overall Wellness
- Key to Achieving: Effort and Personal Values
- Changing Values and Goals Over Time – Ecclesiastes 3:1 (this was running through my mind the entire episode)
- Paycheck Woes – Problems That Could Be Avoided
- Actively Working Towards Our Goals – MyToDoLists.me
- Goals Forgotten Aren’t Important (Or Else You Would Have Remembered)
- What You Value, You Are Already Spending Time and Money On
- Why We Identify Our Values
- What Your Spending Says About You
- Consider your life goals and write them down
- Identify your values.
- Figure out some actions you can take towards your goals
- Develop a method of tracking progress of goals
- Take time each period (weekly, or monthly, or quarterly) to review goals and adjust accordingly (less ye forgot)
- With your current goals and values, consider do they align? Do your goals match your values
- Does your spending match and correlate with your values and goals?
- Set a recurring calendar appointment with yourself (weekly, monthly, or quarterly) to review your goals, values, and spending habits, to ensure they align and to set new goals.
Emilie’s Crossfit experience
CultivateWhatMatters – Power Sheets ( examples of her sheets available on her store)
Mitsubishi Mirage (Best Car Ever)
Emilie’s To Do Lists – mytodolists.me – See what Emilie’s goals are each week