Episode #16 Happy Where You Are – Relationships Time and Money
with Elizabeth Colegrove – The Reluctant Landlord
Bio: Elizabeth Colegrove is a landlord, a frugal living expert, and a proud world traveler. She is focused on early retirement and early financial freedom while maintaining a passion for traveling, exploring, and enjoying life! As a military wife who dated and married her sweetheart at a young age, she has many insights on early financial independence, expressing love to those close, and making everything enjoyable and fun.
Show Description: Today I talk with Elizabeth Colegrove from The Reluctant Landlord about dating, getting married young, and enjoying every part of it. Elizabeth met her husband at the age of 15, got engaged at the age of 20, and was married at the age of 22! We talk about enjoying time, and enjoying money, and enjoying life when one of those two are lacking!
- 1:05 – Elizabeth shares how she met her husband
- 2:30 – Dating at a Younger Age
- 6:11 – Best Anniversary Ever! (The Effort Is All About Each Other)
- 7:10 – A Peek into My Parents Anniversary 🙂
- 8:30 – Making it work when you get married young
- 11:20 – More things Elizabeth did to make it work when married young
- 12:58 – Fun Runs the Show: Positive or Negative is your control
- 13:41 – The biggest key to POWERFUL relationships. (13:41-14:01)
- 14:01 – Making the most of a hard situation. Positive Style 🙂
- 16:00 – Time. Money. Balance.
- 18:10 – Saving $140,000 in 7 years. Couple Goals, and Working Hard
- 19:59 – Going on a vacation to Hawaii and coming back with $2,500 dollars
- 21:40 – How to make the 10 worst things in your life positive
- 24:10 – More on making things positive and exciting
- 25:50 – Example: turning 50-50 parent split time from a divorce into a positive thing
- 27:11 – Elizabeth’s Money Maxim and Contact Info
“The Most Negative Things in your life can be the most positive if you can look at it in the right way”
“Your Feelings are YOUR Feelings”
“Take Your Tools and turn them into what works best for you”
“If you’re not liking a situation, CHANGE IT”
Make a list of 10 things you HATE about life. Look at that list tomorrow, and think OKAY. How can I turn these things into a positive? (listen to 21:40-23:20)
What is most available in your relationship right now? Time, or Money? Or neither? How can you make the most of it in a positive and uplifting manner? Comment below with something fun you’ve done recently!
Contacts and Links from the Show
If you’re looking to get in on my exclusive partnership with Estevez Tax, and to get information on doing your taxes next year, book keeping for your business, or getting some tax consulting done for your business, or personal finances email me [email protected]n.com Title: “Estevez: Tax Info”