Episode #18 – Newlywed Finances & Money Coaches – With Dave Jacobson
Bio: Dave Jacobson, certified financial coach, enhances lives by empowering others to make better decisions with money that lead them to a financially fit lifestyle. He has helped hundreds of individuals find financial peace through personal coaching and financial wellness seminars that focus on building and implementing a practical financial plan.
Coach Dave was nationally recognized for his personal money management expertise by The Lampo Group (Dave Ramsey’s organization) and leads Counselor Connections, a best practices group of top financial coaches from across the nation.
Show Description: Dave and I talk about marriage, finances, and some important things to do before you say “I Do”. We avoid the budgets and the numbers and focus on the thinking, actions, and understanding your partner and helping them understand you. We also delve into the value of a coach regardless of who you are, and what your
- 0:39 – Dave Shares his history in Financial Counseling and about his personal life
- 3:55 – Marriage: No One Tool
- 5:15 – Communication and Unification
- 8:00 – A mediator and guide – What a Coach is for
- 8:40 – Areas of a healthy NewlyWed financial discussion
- 10:50 – A Unified Vision
- 14:15 – Dave’s Money Maxim
- 16:56 – Starting To Talk, “As You Create:
- 19:11 – Money is Emotional
- 20:09 – What a Financial Coach is, Why Everyone Can Utilize One
- 24:19 – Connecting with Coach Connections.
Your What will only be as strong as your Why. (This means that their passion leads, not the numbers). -Dave Jacobson
Contacts and Links from the Show
Here is the link to the free Guide Free Newlywed Checklist from Coach Connections.